Induction Phase: Familiarisation with home school context.
- To observe excellent practice
- To build confidence
- To begin to teach pieces of lessons
Phase A:Assessed teaching phase in home school
- To build confidence and competence in teaching with the support of a class mentor and School Lead for ITT
Phase B:Assessed teaching practice in a new context
- To adapt to a new context and new colleagues
- To develop awareness of new school procedures, practices and pedagogies
- To develop practice within another key stage
Phase C:Assessed teaching practice in home school
- To consolidate of practice
- To develop independent focus
Subject knowledge across all areas of the curriculum will be developed through comprehensive training delivered by practising experts and supported by the class mentor.
Generic and professional issues training will also be delivered by practising Specialist Leaders of Education and external experts.
Enhanced placements take place in a variety of settings, for example, a secondary school and SEND school to ensure all participants gain experience of a full range of educational settings.
Following success at interview an offer will be conditional upon:
Passing the Skills Tests
Satisfactory DBS Check
Satisfactory Medical Check
At interview those applying for the Primary with Mathematics course will be asked to demonstrate a clear understanding of a selection of Year 6 students’ responses to specific mathematical problems.